Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fanny Flamingo and other critters

Fanny Flamingo has flown the coop! She's making her way to Maryland to be one of the guests at a baby shower.
Speaking of birds, last year we had a crazy birdie (or possibly squirrel?). This critter decided that our mailbox was a great place to start a nest, or maybe get rid of last year's trash. Over a week or more we had to keep cleaning the dried leaves and twigs out of the box. One day we cleared junk out at least 3 times! --- when we put our letters out, when we checked the box, and when we actually got our mail. It didn't matter if the lid was down or not --- that crazy critter would poke stuff through the grille. LOL

Last week I went out to check the mail and lo and behold! it was half full of debris. I forgot to take a photo before I cleared it out. :o( So I've been checking frequently to see if the mad mailbox stuffer has returned to the scene of the crime, but so far no photo op. :o)

7 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

What a cute story! I hope it fills your mailbox with stuff again for the picture. I want to see. :)

LittleSun said...

that will be funny now I'll be back to check up on that story!

Rosebud Collection said...

That is a cute story and I do hope you get a picture of whatever is making the nest..

Helen said...

I hope you catch the critter on camera:)

Ladybuggz said...

not much chance of that, helen. by the time i got the camera and into a spot to shoot from, he'd be long gone

Hyla Waldron said...

LOL, cute!

the jewelry :ninja! said...

hahahahahahahahaahhahaaa! we have our mailbox on the porch, and cats.
the squirrels mearly sit on the porch and taunt the cats.