Saturday, December 13, 2008

Somebody save the cashews!

I love cashews. I mean, I LOVE them. So much so that I haven't bought any in years because I can't keep my hands off them and they're a lot worse for you than peanuts (which I also love, especially the roasted in the shell kind).

Today I bought a jar, and within an hour of opening it the jar was 1/3 gone. I started by picking out all the broken pieces, and then graduated to wholesale munching. Now it's half gone, and even though I put the lid on I can still hear the cashews' siren song:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEat meeeee! EEEEEEEEEEEEat meeeee! EEEEEEEEEEEat meeeeee!

I think it's time for a cashew intervention. LOL

===============================

I woke up this morning feeling fairly rotten. And I'm sure at least part of that is due to eating 6 ounces of cashews yesterday. :o)

Soooo, I've put the cashews out of sight for the time being. Hopefully, I won't forget where I stashed them!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm the same way with white chocolate reeses peanut butter cups. They are so gooooood.

circleinthesand said...

Sorry, buggie, I can't help you.....I'm the queen of junk food bingeing!!!!

kjbeads said...

Not as bad for you as you might think. They do have Omega 3's, so you can justify eating them. (and trust me Pecans are worse for you)

Mia Of Mia's Graphic Designs said...

He-he!! Omg... that's hilarious... I have a thing for cookies... doesn't matter what kind... lol..

Krazy Kate Designs said...

I hear the same song from cashew jars. :) I love them.

Yusef said...

I received two cannisters of cashews a few years back. It was wonderful until halfway through the second can. Then my toes started to itch. So no more cashews for me. Oh well.