Monday, December 29, 2008

Wow, I got the coughing cr*p for Christmas!

When I went to bed on Christmas Eve I felt okay. Really really tired, but okay. Six hours later I got up with a nagging dry cough. I coughed all day on and off. No drainage, no gunk, just coughing and general malaise. Friday morning I couldn't talk and my throat felt like I'd swallowed glass. Plus the cough, of course. I felt absolutely rotten, my temp was going up, and the doctor was closed. :o(

Over the weekend it escalated. Saturday: disappearing voice, glass throat, runny nose, and fairly constant coughing that rarely produced anything (and nothing bigger than my fingernail). Oh, and my ear started aching a bit too. Just so much fun. ;p Sunday: all of the above, plus massive coughing fits that wouldn't let me sleep in any position until I'd run into the bathroom and spat huge amounts of saliva (not much gunk, just saliva) into the toilet. I felt like I was going to throw up, but nothing came. However, the throat pain did ease off a bit, except when I coughed it raw.

This morning I saw the doc. Diagnosis: my second bacterial infection in a month. Lovely. The only good thing was that he gave me samples of a once-a-day high-powered antibiotic. I think I've had this one before, and it was not cheap, so that helps. I suddenly seem to remember I didn't like this stuff, but who knows. Anyway, I've taken one dose and think I feel a little better. A very little.

Oh, and my temp at the doctor's? A whopping 97.8 Yep, just a roaring fever there.

With any luck I'll feel like working on Wednesday. So far I've lost three days' pay to this crap; I can't afford to lose any more.

Soooo, what did you get for Christmas?

No comments: